- ‘A zebra can never change its stripes.’ Unknown
- ‘When part of you wants to do something and part of you does not, alcohol will make you do that something’ Roy F. Baumeister & John Tierney
- Fox to The Little Prince: ‘One sees clearly with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- The Little Prince: ‘People have stars, but they aren’t the same. For travelers, the stars are guides. For other people, they’re nothing but tiny lights. And for still others, for scholars, they’re problems. For my businessman, they were gold. But all those stars are silent stars. You, though, you’ll have stars like nobody else.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- The Little Prince: ‘People start out in express trains, but they no longer know what they’re looking for. Then they get all excited and rush around in circles…It’s not worth the trouble.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- The Little Prince: ‘People where you live grow five thousand roses in one garden, Yet they don’t find what they’re looking for… and yet what they’re looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water…But the eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- The Little Prince: ‘At night, you’ll look up at the stars. It’s too small, where I live, for me to show you where my star is. It’s better that way. My star will be…one of the stars, for you. So you’ll like looking at all of them. They’ll all be your friends.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- ‘When you make an agreement with yourself and you don’t keep it, you undermine your own self-trust. You can fool everybody but yourself, and you’re going to pay for that, so you should be aware of the agreements you make.’ David Allen
- Fox to The Little Prince: ‘That’s right. For me, you’re only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I’m only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we’ll need each other. You’ll be the only boy in the world for me. I’ll be the only fox in the world for you.’ Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- ‘Unless you’ve experienced it, you cannot fully grasp it.’ Chuck Royce
- ‘Perhaps I needed what felt at the time like some of the worst experiences in my life to come to a place where I could be grateful for the life I had. I had to learn to begin to appreciate what was left.’ Erin Callan
- ‘It doesn’t make sense when your kids get your money after you’re gone. It’s like when we used to let Kings take over from their fathers. That’s the craziest rule that ever existed…that if the King dies, he lets his kid be the King. What are the odds that the kid is not going to be a piece of shit?’ Louis C.K., a stand-up comedian. Lol
- ‘I feel good today…I finally have the body I want. That’s a hard thing to achieve, which I finally did. I will tell you how to have exactly the body that you want. You have to want a shitty body. You just have to want your own shitty, ugly, disgusting body.’ Louie C.K, a standup comedian.
- ‘Now that I’m 42, I’m really on the decline. There is never another year of my life that is better than the year before. That’s never gonna happen again?!?! I’ve seen my best years. The decline is exponential. The loss of ability, agility and breath is exponential. Last year I lost 90% of my health and well-being. I had 10% of what I did before. This year, I lost 90% of that 10%..do you understand what exponential means.’ Louis C.K.
- ‘Many people kind of flee, but for me it was natural. It was a beautiful experience to be that physically and emotionally intimate with someone you loved, because I knew exactly what his needs were. You know when they need to turn their head, or you know when they need a little ice chip. You know it. You feel it. I loved him very much. And he gave me that gift for myself of knowing, of having that experience, and realizing how I felt about it.’ Susie Buffett (Warren’s wife), on caring for his father during his last days
- ‘Non-violence has a way of disarming the opponent. It exposes his moral defenses. It weakens his morale and at the same time it works on his conscience… Even if he tries to kill you, you develop the inner conviction that some things are so precious, that there are some things so dear, some things so eternally worthful, that they are worth dying for. If an individual has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.’ Martin Luther King Jr
- ‘Living alone, I can do whatever I like. I can hang out with my good friends whenever I like,” she says. “I love my job, and I can do a lot of stuff all by myself – like reading, like going to theatres. I have many single friends around me, so we can spend a lot of time together.’ Elissa, a random 29 year old Chinese lady
- ‘There is an opinion that A-quality guys will find B-quality women, B-quality guys will find C-quality women, and C-quality men will find D-quality women. The people left are A-quality women and D-quality men. So if you are a leftover woman, you are A-quality.’ Huang Yuanyuan
- ‘I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. I wish that I had let myself be happier.’ The top 5 regrets of the dying
- 画蛇添足; 巴蛇吞象; 一年被蛇咬，十年怕井绳; 打草惊蛇; 一龙一蛇; 强龙不压地头蛇; 蛇年富贵; 金蛇狂舞; 龙蛇起陆; 蛇年大发; 蛇足饱满; 魅力如蛇; 蛇年进财; 行运蛇化龙; 银蛇喜迎春;
- 祝你做任何都事像蛇一样, 滑滑溜溜, 顺顺利利, 井井有条, 川流不息, 龙马精神, 蛇我其谁 ~
- ‘When you go to a football game and someone offers you a beer, they’re really saying hi, have a glass of extroversion.’ Brian Little
- ‘If you spend a lot of time charging around, then you have less time for reading and learning. There’s only so much time in your life.’ Jerry Miller
- ‘A person who has opportunities for play can always choose a workaholic life.’ Martha Nussbaum
- ‘Brats are not born. They’re made.’ Deborah Carroll
- ‘There is perfect health and happiness, but there is no perfect wealth.’ Robert & Edward Skidelsky
- “Elements of a Good Life’ by Robert & Edward Skidelsky (2012)
1) Health – A full functioning body without pain. Blessed with vitality and energy.
2) Security – Ability to stay in a stable environment free from conflict, war, violence, crime and natural disasters.
3) Respect – Ability to show that the viewpoints of others are worthy of consideration and not simply ignore them. Having civil rights and personal achievement. To live in a dignified manner.
4) Personality – Ability to execute one’s plans according to one’s tastes and desires. Having a temperament of the good life. Able to live life with autonomy, spontaneity, individuality and spirit. Having financial independence.
5) Harmony with Nature – Living in an environment without much urban overcrowding, and have access to parks and places of nature. Ability to build kinship with animals and nature.
6) Friendship – Having a group of strong and supportive friends. Ability to give without expecting anything in return. To have a fair mix of both utility and pleasure friendships.
7) Leisure – Ability to relax/rest and pursue hobbies or special activities in the absence of external compulsion. To attain higher thought and culture. To apply one’s time wisely and cultivate a personal taste”.
28. ‘The good life is surely not measured by its length in years. But by the intensity of joy and good consequence of existence.’ James Lovelock
29. ‘Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.’ Epicurus
30. ‘The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.’ George Carlin
31. ‘Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.’ Charles M. Schulz
32. ‘As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.’ Eric Sevareid
33. ‘Lie to me just a little bit longer…Lie to me until I’m stronger…I’m not ready yet…To accept…The truth…So lie to me’ from Heartless (Ridley/Bicat)
34. ‘And there’s no bio feedback: if you don’t eat, you starve and everyone can see there’s a problem. But when you don’t sleep, or when we work too hard, often even we can’t see there’s a problem. Sure, we don’t feel great but what we can’t see is what we are losing: the capacity to reason, to judge, to make good and humane decisions, to see consequences and complexity.’ Margaret Heffernan
35. ‘I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.’ Albert Einstein
36. ‘The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.’ Anonymous
37. ‘There are certain bad habits we’ve groomed our whole life – from personality flaws to fashion faux pas. And it has been the role of parents and friends, outside of some minor tweaking, to reinforce the belief that we’re okay just as we are. But it’s not enough to be yourself. You have to be your best self. And that’s a tall order if you haven’t found your best self yet.’ Neil Strauss
38. ‘There is no such thing as fear. Emotions are just energy and motion that you trap inside your body because of a thought.’ Unknown
39. ‘The less you appear to be trying, the better you do.’ Neil Strauss
40. ‘I’ve come to understand that without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business, or a hobby.’ Neil Strauss
41. ‘We have this idea that love ♥ is supposed to last forever. But love isn’t like that. It’s a free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes it stays for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month, or a year. So don’t fear love when it comes simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don’t be surprised when it leaves, either. Just be glad you had the opportunity to experience it.’ Neil Strauss
42. ‘Whoever destroys a single life is as guilty as though he had destroyed the entire world; and whoever rescues a single life earns as much merit as though he had rescued the entire world.’ Unknown
43. ‘Alcohol has never caused anyone to do something they didn’t want to. It only enables them to do what they’ve always wanted but repressed.’ Neil Strauss
44. “It’s such a fine line…And she was the one who everyone thought would make it. But different things happen. And, as hard as you work, you still need luck. Before the Olympics I was in the best shape of my life, but I really, really needed some luck. And I got it.” Jessica Ennis
45. ‘We women are visible and valuable to each other, and we must, now in our billions, proclaim that visibility and that worth.’ Marilyn Waring
46. ‘There was once a lone pheasant in the gardens of Blenheim Palace who avoided being killed by the hunters. He was affectionately known as Henry by the tourists. Being the only survivor in an unregulated environment, he faced no competition for food. Henry kept eating till he was fat. Even when he was fat, he just ate and ate. Eventually he became too fat to fly. Then one day, a fox ate him.’ Peter Whybrow, a neuroscientist, on the greed of Americans
47. ‘There is an iron law of house prices. The more house prices rise relative to income and rents, the more they will subsequently fall.’ Morgan Kelly
48. 大人总喜欢对小孩说: 永远永远不要放弃梦想。但是为什么放弃梦想的都是大人’ 几米
49. ‘多数人想要多快乐, 就有多快乐’ 林肯
50. 笛卡尔 ‘我们会学习,会发现自己的无知’